18 May 2014

The SCAE competitions at MICE 2014

This weekend the World Championships in Latte Art, Coffee in Good Spirits (CIGS) and Cuptasting were held during the Melbourne International Coffee Expo (MICE).

Aussie Matt Perger, known for his amazing World Barista run in 2013, that earned him a second place, won the CIGS.

Christian Ullrich (Germany) took home first place in Latte Art, and Taiwanese Pang-Yu Liu was the best cupper of 2014.

Unfortunately I did not have the time, and primarily the funds, to travel to Melbourne to witness this all in person, and so I relied on the all mighty Internet and best coffee website Sprudge to fill me in.

All performances can be watched back via livestream. And if you want to learn a bit more about the new world champions check out Sprudge. You can find Matt's winning Coffee Spirit recipes here. I have to say it all looks delicious. Alas, Jose did not make it to the finals, but his run was amazing.

Close ups of Christian can also be found on Sprudge. Want to see Dutchie Esther in action during her fourth time on the world stage? Check it here.

Our own Yoeri placed fourth for Cuptasting.

Next month I will have the time, and funds, to travel to Rimini to see Bjorn, Friso and Coen in action for the Roasting, Brewer and Barista Championships respectively. More blogging and details then, but for now I am going to sit in my garden and enjoy my birthday with some gorgeous Coffee Collective brew.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...